Saintlow, Forest of Dean 3 Stage Rally
Spruce Ride, Nr Speech House Hotel, Coleford, Gloucestershire GL16 7EL
Championship points awarded for this event
THE PRINTABLE DETAILS (Schedule PDF)
Rally Entry Form PDF DOC
Saturday 14th November 2015 (Day & Night Stage) & Sunday 15th November 2015 (Day Stage)
ENTRY CLOSING DATE: Saturday 7th November 2015
ENTRY FEES: See Entry Form which is available to download from www.AMWA.org.uk
• Jay Wadrup 07977 – 122450 email@example.com
• Paul Jolley 01594 – 543884 firstname.lastname@example.org
• Tina Facey 07936 – 687575 email@example.com
Tina Facey, Southwinds Farm, Fen Road, Magdalen, Kings Lynn, PE34 3DD
Cheques & postal orders payable to: The Alaskan Malamute Working Association (In full).
Payment can also be made by PayPal to: Payments@AMWA.org.uk
VENUE OPENS: Saturday 14th November 2015 – 06:00hrs
Sunday 15th December 2015 – 06:00hrs
Saturday 14th November 2015 – From 07:00hrs near the start line.
Sunday 15th November 2015 – From 07:00hrs (for those competing Sunday only)
Entrants are only required to get their rig inspected once before their first run.
• Saturday 14th November 2015, 08:00hrs
• Sunday 15th November 2015, 08:00hrs
• Saturday 14th November 2015, 08:30hrs
• Saturday 14th November 2015, 17:30hrs
• Sunday 15th November 2015, 08:30hrs
STARTING ORDER: Random Draw (Saturday). Seeded (Sunday)
All competing dogs must be 12 months old or over to compete at an AMWA event!
• M1 = 1 Dog Alaskan Malamute
• M2 = 2 Dog Alaskan Malamutes
• MS = 3 + Dog Alaskan Malamute
• ASFDC = 2-4 Mixed Sled Dog i.e. Alaskan Malamute/Siberian Husky, Samoyed, CED, Greenland (Minimum 1 freighting breed)
• ES = 2 Dog Siberian Husky
• DS = 2-3 Dog Siberian Husky
• CS = 3-4 Dog Siberian Husky
• BS = 4-6 Dog Siberian Husky
• S1 = Scooter 1 dog only*
• J1 Junior 12 – 18 years (1 dog only)*
• J2 Junior 8 – 11 years (1 dog only)*
• BKJ = Bikejor
*- S1, J1 & J2 classes are subject to Forestry Trail approval
- DV – Veteran class / subject to entries – Running order to be confirmed
CLASS RUNNING ORDER:
Saturday – Day stage MS, M2, M1, ASFDC, BS, CS, DS, ES, BKJ, S1, J1, J2.
Night stage BS, CS, DS, ES, MS, M2, M1, ASFDC
Sunday – MS, M2, M1, ASFDC, BS, CS, DS, ES, BKJ, S1, J1, J2.
An exciting trail in the ancient Forest of Dean in west Gloucestershire. The trail consists of hard packed aggregate and grass with some straights, twist and turns, ascents and descents to keep the dogs challenged and interested. The main trail run on Saturday day and night and Sunday day is 3.6 miles (M1, M2, MS, ASFDC, ES, CS Classes). Booting should not be required but it is at the Musher’s discretion.
Part of the route into the forest will be used for the rally; therefore no vehicles will be permitted into the forest between 8:00hrs-14:00 and after 17:00 on Saturday and between 8:00hrs-14:00 on Sunday.
No wet acid batteries may be carried.
Plastic lenses are recommended, but any glass must be taped or preferably bagged.
Back-Up lights must be carried i.e. a head torch. The lights must be available for inspection.
If you have not competed at a Rally before you cannot take part in the night stage.
Drybridge Veterinary Clinic, Railway Drive, Coleford, Gloucestershire, GL16 8RH
Tel. 01594 833526
Please see Notice Board
Dilke Memorial Hospital, Speech House Road, Cinderford, Gloucestershire GL14 3HX
Tel: 0300 421 8640
Minor injuries unit 08:00am – 23:00pm.
RUBBISH: We have the use of this forest on the understanding that there is no trace of our presence on the day after the rally. This means that you must clear up your dogs, fill in any holes dug and remove all litter. Please do not chain your dogs to the trees. Thanks You!
At the rally site, Spruce Ride. An overnight stay will be available on Friday & Saturday night at £6.00 per unit/ per night. Arrival on Friday strictly after 17.00 hrs (Caravan places are limited please indicate on your entry form if you are intending to bring one.)