Championship Season 2015-2016
A REVISED AND EXCITING NEW CHAMPIONSHIP SYSTEM FOR THE 2015/16 RALLY SEASON
- KINGS FOREST NIGHT & DAY RALLY 31st October / 1st November 2015 – 2 stage
- FOREST OF DEAN RALLY 14th /15th November 2015 – 3 stage
- GREAT WOOD NIGHT & DAY RALLY 5th/6th Dec 2015 – 2 stage
- CROSSBELTS RALLY TBC 30th / 31st January 2015 – 2 stage
- WEST WOOD RALLY 6th / 7th February 2015 – 2 stage
- HICKS LODGE RALLY 20th / 21st February 2015 – 2 stage
- SWINLEY RALLY 19th / 20th March 2015 – 3 stage
- M1 – one dog Malamute
- M2 – two dog Malamute
- MS – three plus Malamutes
- ASFDC – two /four dog mixed sled dog team
- ES – two dog Siberian Husky
- DS – two/three dog Siberian Husky
- CS – three/four dog Siberian Husky
- BS – four/six dog Siberian Husky
- DV – Veteran
- BKJ – Malamute only Bikejor
- S1 – Malamute only scooter
- J1 – Junior 13/18yrs (Malamutes only)
- J2 – Junior 8/12yrs (Malamutes only)
POINTS AWARDED AS FOLLOWS
- BONUS POINTS – an extra 5 points per event (not per stage) entered and attended will be added to the mushers total
- 6 STAGES PER CHOSEN CLASS need to be completed for inclusion in the 2015/16 AMWA CHAMPIONSHIP (NB: if certain classes fall below the min of 6 stages, ‘for ex. BKJ & DV’ ALL the stages will count towards the final Championship for those classes.)
- The mushers best results from the season go towards the championship, so not all stages count depending on the number of rallies that year.
6-9 stages, 6 stages count towards the championship.
10-12 stages, 8 stages count towards the championship.
13-14 stages, 10 stages count towards the championship.
15+ 12 stages count towards the championship.
- The Championship Co-Ordinator will collate the mushers best results and present them at the CHAMPIONSHIP PRESENTATION which takes place at the last AMWA rally of the season.
Example: The mushers best (ex) 10 out of 14 stages are totalled – Ex. Mr Hare (normally gets 1st place at every rally) decides he’s doing well and only enters a few, Mr Tortoise enters all the events and is rewarded for this by having higher points at the rallies where Mr Hare hasn’t attended – plus gets 5 bonus points for every event attended – The new system will still reward the fastest teams but will also encourage and reward attendance.
Click HERE for 2015-2016 Final positions (The top 8 results will count for most classes, top 6 for BKJ, S1, J1 & J2)
Click HERE for 2014-2015 final positions.
Click HERE for 2013-2014 final positions.
Click HERE for 2012-2013 final positions.
Click HERE for 2011-2012 final positions.