COMMITTEE VACANCY – AMWA WSA CO-ORDINATOR
Since 2012 AMWA has been a member of the World Sleddog Association (WSA) which is the world’s largest sled dog organisation dedicated to working purebred sled dogs.
Representing AMWA, our members have the opportunity to participate in the European and World Championships. The ability to be able to compete at this level has grown in popularity over the last couple of years. To that end the Committee feel that with the amount of work involved in liaison, advice, guidance and planning that the WSA Co-ordinator should become a Committee position.
Therefore the Committee invite applicants to apply for this voluntary role in writing to the club secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org The application should state why you think you are suited to this role, any relevant experience and what benefit you would bring to being on the committee in general. All applicants must be current AMWA members
Closing Date: Friday 19th August 2016. (All applications received up to and including this date will be considered)
- Be actively interested and involved in the European and World Sled dog scene and as the nominated representative of AMWA being able to attend the WSA AGM annually would be an advantage
- Act as liaison between the WSA, organising clubs and AMWA and its members.
- Provide advice and guidance to AMWA Members interested in competing at European and World events. To include travel arrangements, vaccinations, passports etc.
- Publish the Annual Race Calendar and collate a list of names of those members expressing an interest in competing subject to places available
- Carry out general duties as part of the management Committee