Championship Season 2017-2018
The qualifying races for this season will be:-
- KINGS FOREST NIGHT & DAY RALLY
- FOREST OF DEAN RALLY
- CROSSBELTS RALLY
- SHERWOOD RALLY
- BUTTERSTEEP RALLY
- M1 1 x Alaskan Malamute
- M2 2 x Alaskan Malamute
- MS 3 + Alaskan Malamute only 4-8 Dog Alaskan Malamute only (6 – 8 Dog Passenger Rig)
- ASFDC Mix sled dog teams (Any sled/freight dog combination) 2-4 Dog, Must consist of at least 1 freighting breed. 4-8 Dog, Must consist of a least 1 freighting breed (6 – 8 Dog Passenger Rig)
- ES 2 Dog Siberian Husky
- DS 2-3 Dog Siberian Husky
- CS 3-4 Dog Siberian Husky
- BS 4-6 Dog Siberian Husky 4-8 Dog Siberian Husky (6 – 8 dog Passenger Rig)
- S1 Scooter (1 dog only)
- BJ Bikejor (1 dog only) CX Cani-cross (1 dog only)
- J1 Junior 12 – 18 years (1 dog only)
- J2 Junior 8 – 11 years (1 dog only)
- DV Veteran (2/4 Dog with an average age of 7 – Any Sled dog combination)
POINTS AWARDED AS FOLLOWS
- BONUS POINTS – an extra 5 points per event (not per stage) entered and attended will be added to the mushers total
- 6 STAGES PER CHOSEN CLASS need to be completed for inclusion in the 2015/16 AMWA CHAMPIONSHIP (NB: if certain classes fall below the min of 6 stages, ‘for ex. BKJ & DV’ ALL the stages will count towards the final Championship for those classes.)
- The mushers best results from the season go towards the championship, so not all stages count depending on the number of rallies that year.
6-9 stages, 6 stages count towards the championship.
10-12 stages, 8 stages count towards the championship.
13-14 stages, 10 stages count towards the championship.
15+ 12 stages count towards the championship.
- The Championship Co-Ordinator will collate the mushers best results and present them at the CHAMPIONSHIP PRESENTATION which takes place at AMWA Fun Weekend in August.
Example: The mushers best (ex) 10 out of 14 stages are totalled – Ex. Mr Hare (normally gets 1st place at every rally) decides he’s doing well and only enters a few, Mr Tortoise enters all the events and is rewarded for this by having higher points at the rallies where Mr Hare hasn’t attended – plus gets 5 bonus points for every event attended – The new system will still reward the fastest teams but will also encourage and reward attendance.
Click HERE for 2015-2016 Final positions (The top 8 results will count for most classes, top 6 for BKJ, S1, J1 & J2)
Click HERE for 2014-2015 final positions.
Click HERE for 2013-2014 final positions.
Click HERE for 2012-2013 final positions.
Click HERE for 2011-2012 final positions.